Thursday, May 24, 2012

My creative space...


...today is all about scissors and glue for a little appliqué project I'm putting together to demo my appliqué technique at Brown Owls this Sunday! My first 'teaching' foray, if you will. I'm excited!

I'm also experimenting a bit with the background - normally I appliqué onto a solid background. This time I thought I'd try something a little different. So far I'm pretty happy with it. What do you think?

And yes, perhaps I should think about appliquéing something other than leaves, leaves and more leaves....

I wouldn't want to get typecast or anything.

More creative spaces over here, and works-in-progress over at Lee's.


2 comments:

  1. Love the background, it adds alot more interest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leaves and hearts are the best shapes to learn with!

    You'll have a blast teaching at Brown Owls - I've always loved it when I've done it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read every comment and appreciate you taking the time to read my little blog. I try to respond to all comments by email but sometimes life gets in the way. Thanks for understanding.