Thursday, January 27, 2011

Here goes - my first doll quilt

I have agonised over this one quite a bit. You see, I always thought I would do a tree for the DQS, but it seems this is a pretty popular idea and I didn't think I wanted to do be seen as derivative. But then I realised, even though there are quite a few trees appearing in the swap, they are all quite different. And, moreover, everyone seems to love trees, I'm sure I can't go too far wrong with this.

I'm very happy with the colour palette I've chosen, which is a little outside my comfort zone (I would normally have gone with one tone, rather than so many). So - mainly pastels, but then a few reds and oranges to add some contrast, and I like it! The fabrics are almost all Amy Butler (Love) and Kaffe Fassett, plus some Valori Wells.

So far so good! Check out the growing pool of doll quilts over at Flickr.

2 comments:

  1. Looks lovely! Your partner is going to be very happy :) Especially if you add that fabulous swirly quilting you are famous for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty! I have been wanting to try a quilt like this..thank you for some more inspiration,Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read every comment and appreciate you taking the time to read my little blog. I try to respond to all comments by email but sometimes life gets in the way. Thanks for understanding.